The Eventual Father took over the kitchen, today, and made the most amazing Butternut Squash and Pancetta Carbonara.
So many of you requested the recipe, so here it is. Enjoy.
Technically, this serves 4, but we will be serving 2 adults and a 16 month old, for 2 days with it. Butternut squash, in this form, will keep for up to 3 days, chilled)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 100g pancetta, chopped
* 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
* 3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into ½” pieces
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* 350g Tagliatelle
* ¼ cup finely grated parmesan, plus shaved for serving
* In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pancetta, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8–10 minutes. Add sage and toss to coat. Transfer pancetta and sage to a small bowl, using a slotted spoon, and set aside
* Add squash, onion, and garlic to skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, 8–10 minutes. Add broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until squash is soft and liquid is reduced by half, 15–20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then purée in a blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
* Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
* Combine pasta, squash purée, and ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid in same skillet and cook over medium heat, tossing and adding more pasta cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta, about 2 minutes. Mix in ¼ cup parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
* Serve pasta topped with reserved pancetta and sage, shaved parmesan, and more pepper.
Edit – For those who have been asking, the cutlery Harrison is using it by Doddl Cutlery. It’s wonderful and so easy for him to use. You can also get a 10% discount by quoting EVMOTHER10 before May 31st 2016.
Now for the test, give it to the child>>>
Did he like it? You tell me 🙂
Did you like this post? Why not follow us and get an email when we post something new... Just enter your email address in to the Follow section on the right hand side of this page>>> Thanks, see you again soon 🙂