The Eventual Father has been back in the kitchen, and is kinda turning EventualMother.com in to a recipe hub in his quest for food inspiration. I’m certainly not complaining, so, of course, wanted to share the latest creation with you wonderful lot.
- Greek Feta Cheese, 100g
- Pine nuts, 50g
- Spinach, fresh or frozen (I used frozen, but either will work)
- Salt and Pepper, as per preference
- Ready Rolled Puff Pastry 375G
- 1 or 2 Tomatoes
- Egg or milk – to brush the pastry with before cooking
- Eggs, enough for 1 per pastry (for the end game)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Cook the spinach (or defrost). Once cooked get as much liquid out as you can
- Combine the spinach, feta and pine nuts in a large bowl. Salt and Pepper to preference and leave to one side.
- Un-role the puff pastry and divide up as you wish (I did 3 equal slices) then place them on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper
- Place an equal amount of the spinach and feta mixture on each sheet of pastry and bring the ends together to form a little boat (there is no need to be neat)
- Slice your tomatoes and place one piece at each end.
- Make a divot in the middle of each tart (this is where you will place the egg nearer to the end of the cooking time)
- Brush the pastry with an egg wash or milk for a crisp, golden finish.
- Place at the top of the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the tarts and crack an egg in to each divot (hole) before placing back in the oven for about 5/8 more minutes or until golden. (5 to 8 minutes will give you a soft centred egg, if you’d rather a firmer egg, remove from the oven before 15 minutes, and add the extra cooking time to the end of the bake)
- Enjoy 🙂
A clean plate is always a good sign, and that’s exactly what we had. Harrison is a big fan of egg, so we thought he’d approve, but he really wolfed this down. Evidently he likes pastry too.
We also loved this, and had it with garlic potatoes…or potato flavoured garlic as it ended up being. You don’t want to come anywhere near us and our garlic breath right now 😉
Did you like this post? Why not follow us and get an email when we post something new... Just enter your email address in to the Follow section on the right hand side of this page>>> Thanks, see you again soon 🙂